With the Automated Identification System (AIS) for marine vessels, you can avoid collisions in crowded waters by knowing the name and locations of other boats and ships, how close they will come, and when to act. Many AIS systems also broadcast your boat’s information with other boats so they can also make better, safer boating decisions.
Our AIS Electronics for Boaters seminar can help you decide if an Automatic Identification System is right for you and show you how AIS and Radar differ. AIS electronics are not just for commercial vessels and more recreational vessels are employing this technology for safer cruising.
What You Will Learn:
- What does AIS do and how does it work?
- Do I need and AIS System?
- How is AIS different from Radar?
- How do I use AIS to navigate more safely?
- How do I integrate AIS with my existing electronics?
AIS Electronics for Boaters is a self-paced interactive online seminar.